- The work of the AHE Network intersects between and among leaders from all community constituencies to include educators, government, higher education, business, and corporations.
- When shared, our collective knowledge (including virtual info [websites]) helps everyone.
- There is a need for common voice – common definitions and data for comparison and contrast; data collection needs to be consistent across centers; there is a need to better understand Jeff’s data.
- Incorporating the in-depth look at classroom data to increase the rigor in our schools would help our schools better prepare our students for college.
- Being “connected” is of direct benefit to my work and my productivity; we have to connect with others engaged in our mission; there is strength and voice in the connections between people and partnerships.
- I am not the only one concerned about the previous lack of consistency in our network frameworks, but I have learned that we are a learning organization and this delights me.
- Know who the leader in a community is; not always the superintendent or principal; grant coordinator/graduation coach, etc. need to find out who this person is.
- The 7 segments of the community - “things”- in the Engaging All Leaders framework; all are connected; the framework is powerful.
- Storytelling is powerful; leaders use stories to engage others.
- Need to always be looking for funders and a method of approach – take the lead.
- Grant writing needs to be focused and prepared with specific outcomes; must be motivated and in agreement.
- There are specific ways to ask for funding, and there are extraordinary resources for assistance in getting resources.
Note: Network agreed to collect data using the following guidelines/framework:
1. Fall Census Data From Schools – Use what is reported to the State; include School and Senior Enrollment
2. Identify Number of Seniors Awarded Diploma; number recognized by Postsecondary Education (PSE) institutions; include December graduates/May/June from School Year Data
3. State Numbers
4. ARC Grant – Senior Focus
Postsecondary Education includes - 4-year; 2-year; Technical Certificate; military; Dual enrollment - counts as enrolled in college